Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hidden Exercise

Morning all you Blitzers.

Well, the groin injury is feeling much better. I have done no real cardio this week due to resting my leg but  have done yoga, been for walks and worked on my arms and core. As they say, anything is better than nothing.

Yesterday I was working on horses (I do equine therapy - manipulations, adjustments, massage etc) I wore my heart rate monitor to see if the work was a hidden workout. Manipulating a horses hind legs and adjusting their hips is a weight lifting effort! My heart rate rose to 145 on one horse and in 90mins I burn 200 calories at a 60% fat burn so in my eyes that is a workout! I lift a hind leg and roll the pelvis back and forth to realign the hips and if you have ever lifted and held a hind leg you know its heavy!

Today Scott, Lupe (the husky) Callum and I are going to go on a bike ride. Every sunday we have a family day and go for long walks though today we are taking the bikes and the chariot. Like the horse work, I consider this a hidden workout. You are doing something you enjoy, with company you enjoy and the time flies by. Before you know it you have been out for a couple of hours, had plenty of fresh air and burnt hundreds of calories in the process! Not bad for a sunday.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I will give a recap of week 2. Scott has also agreed to give me a hand and is going to take some pics/video of some of the moves in the routines I do with Callum so watch this space!

As, always, Happy Blitzing!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying your blog!! Your determination and great tips are soo refreshing! Good job and keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete