Friday, January 22, 2010

Apologies again!

Where does the time go? Its Friday already and I have only blogged once.

Tania and I went running yesterday, our first "official" triathlon training. 2 bubs in the chariot, dog in tow and off we went! I am really enjoying having a goal to work towards.

A little bit of advice for those of you who can't resist jumping on the scales EVERYDAY to see if you have dropped a pound. Try and only weigh yourself once a week, at the same time every week. I normally stick to this rule but a "friend" tol dme she had lost 2 lbs over night so I couldn't resist the pull of the bathroom scales....AND I HAD PUT ON HALF A POUND! Gutted....

BUT during a week we can fluctuate with fluid retention if we have had too much salt, a heavy meal the night before, bloatedness due to our periods. So, drink LOTS of water, cut back on salt (too much isn't good for you anyway) and resist the pull of the bathroom scales!

Happy Blitzing!

1 comment:

  1. i'm not a fan of the scales at all but when i went to the gym on monday they were just there so i hopped on... didn't like what i saw !!! Anyway not as brave as you to disclose on here but my point is.. the big bad scales lured me in again tonight and to my amusement they read 5kg lighter.. i'd love to take the credit for that but i know that 4 sessions on the treadmill with a bit of core and resistance doesn't achieve that !!! so my point is... SCALES LIE !! AND I THINK GYM'S RIG THEM ON A FRIDAY !!!! Keep up the good work , Fitz (sorry about the anonymous thing but it's either that or it register as James !)

    ReplyDelete