Monday, February 22, 2010

Week 8: weekly weigh in and stats and some advice on finding the balance.

Ok, first here are my stats:

Weight 65.6 KG DOWN Half a kilo!
Waist: 28 inches
Hips: 38inches DOWN HALF AN INCH
Bust: 35 inches UP AN INCH but I think it depends on when I have fed callum, what bra etc as overall my boobs to me seem smaller but hey ho!

Sandy asked some very good questions in a comment in my previous post which I have tried to answer as best I can, it may make interesting reading for some of you.

Something that I do want to stress is losing weight is not an exact science. Like everything, what works for one person may not work for you, that is why we need to be in tune with our body's wants and needs and find the balance that works for us. It may be something as little as an extra 50 calories a day or dropping carbs by 10%. All our bodies process foods and exercise in different ways. If we are a person who has never really exercised, our body then has to work out what it needs to do to fuel this new activity and feed itself so it may take a little while to find that balance but it will happen. For me it took a little while to find what worked for me. I stuck at 71kg for 4 weeks and was getting really disheartened. I stuck to it though, I upped my cardio and dropped the strength training to 4 and 2 sessions, making 2 of my cardio interval training to try and kick start my metabolism again. I also made 1 meal a day pure protein and dropped the carbs (for that meal). I would have a chicken/avocado salad for lunch or an omelette. I still ate carbs, and I still snacked but it worked for me.

Another thing to keep in mind is as your weight decreases, you may need to adjust your calorie intake. When I was heavier, about 77/80kg, I was eating about 2500 cals a day. My body was bigger and it needed more fuel to move around. When I reached 71kg I dropped down to 1800/2000 cals a day. I won't go below 1800 while I am breast feeding but if I was no longer feeding Callum then I would probably drop to 1500/1600 a day at about 65kg. I know weight watchers adjusts the points values you are allowed as you lose weight. A heavier body needs more fuel to move so it makes sense that as you lose weight your calorie requirements lower too.

AND ALWAYS KEEP A DIARY! It really does help, you can look back and see what weeks you really lost weight and what you did and ate in that week. What workouts you did and what foods you ate. Though remember, a workout you did 4 weeks ago may not be enough now so up the intensity to adapt for your new fitness level.

As always, Happy Blitzing!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!! :)
    I started doing my exercise first thing in the morning, so I would get rid of it for the rest of the day. ofcourse, the scale was still on 76kg, but that didn't discourage me, as inside, I felt really good, I don't know why, is it the effect of endorphins released during exercise, or whatever..but I'm pretty much satisfied with my self. decided to increase the calories for a week, 2000-2200, and see how that works out.
    Keep up the good work!! and let us hear about everything :)
    And as you say, HAPPY BLITZING! :D

    ReplyDelete