Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bike Rides and Embarrassment

This will make you laugh. Yesterday I decided to take Callum and Lupe for a bike ride down to the beach. Loops needed a good run and I enjoyed my ride last week. I felt so impressed with myself for unhitching the chariot mechanism off Scott's bike and onto my bike, setting the chariot up for a ride as opposed to a run. Popped Callum into his seat, got the dog ready and off I went. 

MY GOD was it hard work! I must have gone about 2 or 3km, my thighs burning and my lungs about to explode, thinking it's never this hard running with Callum, why would it be hard cycling with him? (This was my first attempt at pulling the chariot). I stopped at the top of a hill, having slogged my way up it, and called Scott, wanting to give him my respect for always pulling the chariot.

"I take it all back," I say to him. "It's not as easy as it looks pulling the chariot." Panting and sweating into the phone...
"Really?" Scott says. "Have you let off the brake?"

THE BRAKE! OH MY GOD how STUPID do I feel!!!!! After feeling so good with myself for setting it all up, I forgot to go back to the chariot and TAKE OFF THE DAMN BRAKE! No wonder my thighs and lungs were burning! SO MUCH EASIER if you take off the brake!

Well, at least I gave myself a REALLY good work out. Scott then told all the guys at work and they all had a good laugh.  No wonder, what a numpty. I'm calling it a blonde moment with a bit of baby brain thrown in for good measure...

Happy Blitzing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment