Sunday, February 7, 2010

Keeping a Journal

I wanted to share a little bit of advice that I find helps me a lot. Its keeping a journal of my workouts.

I wear a heart rate monitor to keep a track of my heart rate and the different zones I am in. I write these down in my diary/journal noting what I have done, how long for and my max/avg heart rate. This way looking back I can see my fitness progress as well as my weight loss progress.

For example, today at hockey I only burnt 620 odd calories and I ran around more than I used to. My first game back in October I burnt nearly 1000 calories and I didn't run nearly as much. This tells me I have really increased my fitness as my body is coping better with the aerobic and interval work.its just another milestone won and gives you the boost and encouragement to keep going.

Happy Blitzing!

No comments:

Post a Comment