Friday, February 26, 2010

The PX90 or P90X craze

I am sure most of you  have heard of this, and for those that haven't, it is basically a 90-day workout and diet routine that has you working out on a different part of your body every day for muscle confusion. One day its back and arms, another day its legs, then it could be yoga, then Cardio etc.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that it is EXACTLY what I have been doing with The Belly Blitz! I only recently heard of P90X as some friends are doing it and it is going really well for them. They are eating more than they would normally as are eating the right requirements for a body that is actively working out, and are mixing up workout routines. It actually made me really happy as this is exaclty what I have been saying in my Belly Blitz blog.
  1. MIX up your workouts so your body doens't get used to doing the same thing all the time
  2. DO a combination of cardio, interval and strength training
  3. DO eat and snack as your body needs fuel, just eat the right things
So maybe one day very soon you will be able to see The Belly Blitz in a bookstore near you!

Happy Blitzing!

2 comments:

  1. Hey!!
    You're totally right about everything! Mixing up, snacking, it all works so good..I can't deny that I've had my bouts of comfort eating, up to yesterday we were out for a walk, then I was like eating icecream, I ate like a scoop and a half then I felt like chocolate, then I had a small milkyway bar, then another one!! then I said to myself, ok I reached my calorie limit, this is it, today you enjoyed yourself, tomorrow is a new day, and I have to go on! btw I finally overcame that plateau and the scale moved below 76kg!! now I proudly announce that I'm 75kg :D
    I upped my cardio like you said, calories stayed the same, except that i lowered my carbs and increased my protein intake, it worked fine for me, this protein makes you feel fuller plus it has a thermic effects so 30% of the calories are burnt during digestion!! yippeee :D
    This morning I did some of your workouts with my husband, we were jumping around like monkies, then those sumo squats and kicks, it was sooo funny, but I have this feeling now in my quadriceps, they're soo burning, I managed to do more pushups than before, which is also a good step..
    All in all, I wanna say thank you ;-) you're my angel amy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Sandy! So glad it is going well for you! And WAY TO GO on getting over the plateau. A little patience and perseverance goes a long way.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete