Saturday, February 20, 2010

Being Ill Sucks...

After feeling pretty good about missing the bug/virus both Callum and then Scott had, I was hit Thursday night and have been as sick as a dog since then. Temperature spiking to 102deg and just having no energy so needless to say no working out for me! I did take Lupe for a bike ride along the beach during the day on Thursday, how gorgeous is this? makes you WANT to go for a run or a ride.


So this week I think I made it to 2 or 3 workouts. We tried to go for a walk today, just a walk, but  was bathed in sweat and out of breath! Not good! Resting up and seeing how I feel Monday. At least I have had no appetite so eating loads isn't an issue!

Though I should add here, that if you are ill with a virus or bug then working out is the last thing you should be doing.There is a risk that hard cardiovascular work when you have a virus can work the virus round your system fast and you can end up iller than you were before. So REST FLUIDS REST FLUIDS AND REST AND FLUIDS!

I hope to be back to fighting fit Monday for a new week of workouts and exercise.

Happy Blitzing!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you will get better soon, and get back out there (on that beautiful beach) and go for the run you wanted :)
    Last week, I managed to start working out , I did Taebo twice, separetedby a day of rest, and on rest of the week, 20-30 min cardio on elliptical, and eventually light walking with my baby boy and hubby after he gets back from work.
    I kept my caloric intake at 1,800, +100-200 depending on how much I exercised, though I should admit I had a cheat day yesterday, my husband bought a pizza (a medium one, so I wouldn't binge too much :D) but you know what, it didn;t feel like before, I seriously got used to my new eating habits, that I don't really want to eat anything different (apart from chocolate, which is my weakness, but a bar of dark chocolate every once in a while isn't as sinful, right?) moderation is the key to any diet, we can enjoy but in moderation.
    This morning I did 30 minutes of cardio, and man, may I say it feels good, all the sweat, plus the achy muscles from the workout (I only managed 2X7 push-ups, but I'll get better ;-)
    wish me luck for my weekly weigh in at tuesday :)
    And for you, all the best, wish you'll get better ASAP.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been ill :( The flu bug hit our house too and we're still recovering. Not fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Feeling better today....lazy day, lots of fluids and then hopefully maybe start with yoga or something gentle on monday.

    And Sandy - WAY TO GO WITH THE PUSH-UPS!! And the workouts, it feels great doesn't it? Very proud of you, you are doing great,

    xxx

    ReplyDelete