Monday, March 29, 2010

Week 13: Weekly weigh in and stats AND Interval Training

OK...Stats first then I'll chat.

Weight: 64.6kg DOWN 0.4KG!
Bust: 34inches DOWN HALF AN INCH!
Waist 27 inches DOWN HALF AN INCH
Hips: 37.5 inches NO CHANGE

I am happy with that in a week. It is all going in the right direction. I have upped my training schedule this week for the triathlon. I rowed 3 times, strength training twice, went running on Saturday and swimming last night. I am trying to motivate myself to go for a run now but the weather is not helping me much! But I will go....

How is everyone else getting on?

Interval Training
I am introducing some friends to some interval training tonight. We are meeting at a football (soccer) pitch near my house. This is something anyone can do if you h ave the motivation. Its free and it works. It builds your overall fitness and as it is interval training it helps give your body a fat burning boost. Not sure of spelling but back home it was called Farlick. Basically you start by walking the short (end) length of the pitch. Then when you reach the corner you jog to the halfway line, then sprint or 3/4 pace the remaining half of the long side and the whole of the short (end) length then jog to the halfway and walk the remaining half and the short end again and repeat it all. It kills, it won't feel  nice but it WORKS! Try and do 8 times round or 10 times round. Do it once to set your goal and then aim to increase it weekly.
IF YOU ARE ON A PLATEAU ie NOT LOST WEIGHT FOR A WEEK OR 2 THIS WILL REALLY KICKSTART YOUR WEIGHT LOSS AGAIN!

Happy Blitzing!

2 comments:

  1. Great! congratulations on the lost amount, you're really kickin it :)

    Here are my stats:
    weight: 71.7 (-0.8kg)
    waist: 90cm (-2 cm)
    hips: 101cm (-3cm)
    bust: 102cm (-2cm)

    That really looks great :) I started my mornings each with a cardio training of 20min and several walks throughout the day (2X1hr each) plus I would do 15-20 min of strength training around evening.

    I have been doing this interval training last month on my crosstrainer and it really helped me kick my weightloss up! It is kinda tough in the beginning but I improved by time and now I feel much better.

    I think of starting some super-circuit training this week (alternate rides of 2 min on the crosstraining with strength training exercises) for a change.
    I am eagerly approaching the end of the 70s and I feel so happy, when I talked to my mom yesterday (she hasn't seen me since I gave birth) and I told her I lost about 14kg since, she was stunned ;-) and it all goes back to you, kisses girl :-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy you are doing amazing!!! Well done on the weight and inch loss. Once you get into the swing of it, it sort of becomes your every day routine. I am so happy I have helped. xxx

    ReplyDelete