Friday, May 21, 2010

That answers that question!!!

So.....I guess it is straight back into it! I have just signed up for Triathlon number 2 for 29th May. So I went for a gentle jog last night and am back into training mode!

Also, a quick recap. Back in January I was following a magazine that claimed if I did their exercises I would lose 10/15/20 pounds by March. I have to say that I think it was right! Between Jan 1st and March 1st I only lost about 10lbs but I lost a lot of inches and was building lean and toned muscle. I think if you are someone who has NEVER exercised and you followed their toning exercises twice a week combined with cardio you would lose a lot of weight and a lot of inches.

I have to stress again, for anyone new to The Belly Blitz, DON'T BE AFRAID OF WEIGHTS! Weights are our friend and so many girls just think cardio cardio cardio but if you don't mix it up and add in some strengthening and weights you won't tone up as much as you want. If you are aiming to do 5 days a week, then make 3 cardio (2 cardio and 1 interval) and 2 weights and strengthening and you will SEE the inches fall off.

Also, do not skip meals, do not starve yourself and do not deny yourself anything that you want. Everything in moderation. I use http://www.caloriecount.about.com and it tells me for my activity level and my weight and height how much I should be eating. As I am STILL breastfeeding I never go below 1,800 calories.

TO DATE I have lost in total 20kg/45lbs and I am back to a UK size 10 or a US size 6. Check out my before pic...I was HUGE! I was about a UK 16/US12...I couldn't get the jeans I now wear past my knees and lived in my maternity clothes and even they felt a bit tight.

Anyway, WE CAN ALL DO IT! Don't focus on how you feel right now but how you want to feel and look. In the grand scheme of things 6 months is not a long time and at the end of it you will feel better, look better and be better armed to live a fit and healthy life!

HAPPY BLITZING!

3 comments:

  1. Just a question... Do you use a training plan for your triathlon training? If so, where did you find your plan? I think I might need to switch to a different plan than the one I'm currently using in order to bump up the intensity. (for a Sprint Triathlon).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me congratulate you on your succes Amy!!!
    I am too curious about a training plan for the triathlon :)
    you look amazing in the pictures!! I love it..
    I now train 5 days a week cardio and 3 days strength with 2kg dumbbells and I recently started doing the p90x program, man my muscles hurt all over my body :) but its a great feeling..what do you think of it?? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have answered these in a separate post as I think you both made some great points!

    ReplyDelete