Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Days off or back into it?!

Well, now the tri is over but I still have 5 or 6 lbs to lose...I am sort of wondering where to go from here. We are all considering doing another triathlon on the 29th May and we definitely want to do one in August so a couple of things to work on.

I think my body is getting used to the exercise and I need some new techniques to up the fitness and fat burning. Interval training really is great for this so I may have to get back into that.

The last few pounds are always the hardest!

Happy Blitzing!

3 comments:

  1. great job on the tri!

    I'm taking this week off and eating (almost) whatever I want! I'm stuck on a plateau and have changed up my exercise twice (Jullian Michael's Shred book). I figured I'll enjoy my little "holiday" and it can't hurt since I gained 3 pounds last week while exercising! I plan on doing a deep cleansing/juice fast after I wean. Have you ever done anything like that? (It's not necessarily for weight loss, though I hope it helps! It's more to rid my body of toxins).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the tri!
    Whenever I can't make it to the gym or want to take a bit of a break I try and squeeze in some basic stuff at home...situps, push-ups, etc. I've also incorporated the 200 workout into my regime.
    Check it out...it's kinda fun :)
    http://twohundredsquats.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Will have a look at the 200 routine.
    I used to do a 24 hour detox regularly before I was pregnant. Not done anything like that for ages and am still feeding Callum, though slowly winding down.
    Jerilyn, have you tried switching up your food? When i was stuck on a plateau I dropped some carbs and ate more protein and did more interval training and it helped get over the plateau.

    ReplyDelete