Saturday, April 10, 2010

Leaps and Bounds

It just goes to show what a little perseverance and effort can do. 6 months ago when I started the Belly Blitzing journey, I went on Scott's rowing machine. I think I managed to stay on for 20mins and rowed 2000m. Yesterday I rowed for 20 minutes and I managed 4000m and I wasn't even going hard out, it was just a gentle row....so in 6 months I have improved 100%. Little by little, 20mins a day here, 40mins a day there and it is amazing what we can accomplish.

Today my little triathlon group (we are now FOUR so we have doubled in size too!) went for a ride and a run. we rode 17km and we ran 4km...and I had Callum in the Chariot the whole way. My legs now feel like LEAD! But we did it. even 4 months ago I couldn't have done that, i was running 3 and 5km and that was killing me. 6 months ago I couldn't even walk up my STREET without breaking out in a sweat. AND YOU CAN ALL DO IT TOO!!!! Just persevere. I have had my ups and downs, had weeks off at a time and days when I just could not be @ssed. But we get there in the end.

And as requested by Sandy, here are some pics from today...excuse my white shades, they are my mountain biking shades and match my downhill helmet but don't look quite so good on their own LOL!

First we have Mel stretching off....then Amy looking very svelte...then me and Callum with Amy and Mel...me and Callum and then the 3 of us. I would spot Amy's red joggers MILES in front of me through the crowd and know I had to step it up a gear LOL!


Happy Blitzing!

3 comments:

  1. Hot mammas!!!! What a greta group girls, I'm flying over immediately!!! LOLs..
    You definitely got that right Amy, I'm amazed by myself now and what I could do, even though I feel I need to step it up a little soooo I decided to take some Salsa classes, I thought the change in routine, the atmosphere and the music would make it better for me!
    I've been veeeery ill these last couple of days (sad to say that my period is killikng me!! I'm like paralyzed) so I did nothing but lay in bed :( This week I'm definitely baaack. Keep it up girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok sorry for the misspelling :D u get me right? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had 2 or 3 weeks in where I did very little. Just listen to your body. At the end of the day we don't have personal trainers and dietitians like hollywood A-Listers and we do what we have to do. You are doing SOOOOOO well!

    ReplyDelete