Thursday, April 8, 2010

Having a goal

I have been really slack posting inspirational posts this week, sorry! I have really got caught up with this triathlon training. Its just a baby tri but a tri none the less and the 4 of us that are running it are having a blast. I cannot stress enough the power of friends in situations like this. We train together 2 or 3 times a week and the rest of the time we email and text things like "I just ran 10km!" or "I just swam 1000m". It really spurs us all on. If I was doing this on my own there is no way I would be enjoying it as much or doing so much training.

It's also something great to aim for. Back in December when I wanted to lose the last of the baby weight it was a goal to reach and it has really helped with these last few pounds.

So a BIG thank you to TANIA, AMY, and MEL for all your help and support with the triathlon training and just making it enjoyable. And SANDY for all her posts on Facebook....MOVE TO CANADA SANDY!!!! lol.

Happy Blitzing!

4 comments:

  1. Gosh just reading your posts made me lose 10kg, I was wondering if I move to Canada how would it be than? LOL I would definitely consider that!!
    You're definitely right, friend support is really important and makes everything more fun. I do this with my hubby, and I have some girl friends doing this back home in Croatia and we follow each other through emails as well. Girl power rocks!!!
    You go girls, I'm expecting to hear all about everything. Hey take some pics when you train together and put'em on here, I think it would be a great inspiration for a lot of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Sandy! I'll take some pictures the next time we are all together.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your idea of having a goal. I have recently been inspired by many who have recently run races. So, I signed myself up for an 8K race on the 17th of April. I've never been athletic or a runner or anything close to the sort, so this will be huge for me. I just had my last long run before the race today and I managed to run 4.72 miles. I'm not sure if any of this extra running/training has been helping lose the baby weight. It's a slow process at about .5-1 lbs of weight loss a week. I still have 6-10 pounds left to lose, but I am down 15 from when I first contacted you! So, I'm happy about that!

    Thanks for all the motivation and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THATS AWESOME!!!! (Aday - I'm afraid I don't know your real name) 0.5/1lb loss a week is perfect. It means you are losing fat and not just fluid and the slower it comes of the more likely it is to stay off. A wee experiment, take half a pound of butter or lard and spread it out to about 1cm thickness and look how big it is. THAT is what you have lost off your body. Looks a lot more when you take it like that. AND WELL DONE ON THE RUN!!! That is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete