Thursday, December 31, 2009

The scales don't lie.

Well, the good news is I haven't put on any weight over christmas, but I haven't lost any either! I put the belly blitz to the side for a couple of weeks so I could enjoy mince pies and mulled wine and ham and turkey and puddings and wine......yummmmmmmmmmmmmm! It was all worth it and I didn't have to close my eyes on the scales!

I began my week with a run and then I started the magazine's "Lose 10/15/20 pounds in the new year" work out. Well, today I am aching a lot more than I have in the past 3 months so something is working. It is good to mix up your workouts and not do too much of the same thing to keep your body in an active fat burning state.

And ladies....DON'T be scared of weights! Weights are our friend, they give us that long, lean sculpted look on our upper body. The key is in the SIZE of the weight and the amount of reps we do. You should be able to pick up the weight (not too easily) and do your reps without really straining. You should feel it for sure but its not the neck bulging vein popping weight lifting. I use 10lb weights and do 2 sets of 10 to 12 reps. For us anything from 5lb to 10lbs are good. At the end of your set you should feel the last couple of reps and have to sort of push through, otherwise the weight is too light.

It is a damp day in Vancouver today but I am going to try and push myself to go for a jog, or at least a long walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment