Sunday, June 12, 2011

18 weeks

18 weeks and growing! I was working on Wednesday and got told I didn't look pregnant at all, just puffy in the face, I wanted to slap her!

This week I have found it harder and harder to run. Apparently that is perfectly normal as you progress in your pregnancy as your body is routing oxygen and blood to your baby and your legs feel heavier and you don't get as much oxygen when working out. This is exacly what has been happening to me.
A warning here is NOT to work out to the point of exhaustion. It is better if you do 2 smaller workouts than one big one if you are feeling out of breath or over tired. A work out should leave you feeling energised and not needing a nap.

This week I have done:
Monday: 3.5km run
Tuesday: 30mins strength training (weights, lunges, squats core) and then a 4km power walk
Wednesday: Work (LONG day with horses....and a 2 hour ride!)
Thursday: off
Friday: 30mins of yoga and a 3km walk
Saturday: 2km walk
Sunday: nothing yet but we are going on a 10km bike ride tot he beach (5km there then play around then 5km back)

I am still feeling great and my non maternity clothes still fit though are starting to feel tight. i am definitely toning down the exercise but still working out which is good.

Happy Blitzing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment