Tuesday, July 6, 2010

On and Off the Wagon

Hi all

Well, I have been off and on the wagon like a yoyo the past few weeks! The weather is great, its BBQ season and it is all too easy to succumb to margaritas on the deck for sundowners! I have told Scott that I am NOT DRINKING this week as I need to get back on the wagon as I REALLY want to get back to 61kg. It may not be possible but I want to get as close as I can.

Broken toe permitting I am exercising daily. I swam 1km on Sunday, went rowing and walking yesterday with a core workout and rowed 4km and a core workout today. We shall see what things are like come Monday! I am a little scared to get on the scales as I tentatively got on the other day (after breakfast...) and had put on 1kg! I am hoping it was just the toast I just ate but maybe not!

I NEED motivation! My mate Mel got me into http://www.dailymile.com which is sort of like a facebook for workouts and it is a great motivational tool. It's free to register and if you are already a member then let's motivate each other!

How is everyone else getting on? It has been very quiet recently.

I am planning on doing something EVERY DAY this week, yoga on my rest days and I am being strict with my calories. I have officially stopped breast feeding. Callum is 11 months this week and I think I have been eating maintenance calories as opposed to losing weight so I have dropped to 1,300 a day. SO HARD after being bale to eat 1,800 and still lose. But the time had come to stop, he sort of self weaned so it was time.

As always...

HAPPY BLITZING!

4 comments:

  1. I can't seem to get off this plateau. It drives me nuts. I've even done the pomegrante/brown rice fast once or twice. I did it once and lost 2 pounds. I did it again (but also had dinner because I was starving!) the next week. I gained 4 pounds (total of 2 up). arrrgg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! Just stick with it. Maybe adjust your daily calorie intake and increase your cardio. Try cutting out carbs after 5pm or one of your meals is JUST protein like a an omelette for lunch or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amy,

    Hang in there, you are doing great! You have been such an encouragement to me!

    I am now 1-2 pounds below my pre-preg weight for my first child! The belly still does not look like I would like it to look (or how it used to look, but this just might be new me). There is still room for me to lose a few more pounds and still be within a healthy weight range (without going too low) but I'm not stressing about getting to the absolute lowest possible. I just want to be fit and strong for my family.

    My first triathlon is this Saturday. I am both excited and scared. I am already thinking about signing up for another one at the beginning of August. Though, I plan on taking a few days off before training for that one.

    I am still nursing my daughter, who is now 13 months. I am still eating around 1850 calories a day (plus more on the days I exercising) and try to leave a 400-500 calorie deficeit.

    Anyway, just wanted to say, keep it up. You have really been SO very helpful to me on this journey. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Catherine
    You will LOVE your first tri. You get such a buzz and sense of achievement and it is over so quickly. You dive in the pool and then the next thing you know you are crossing the finish line! VERY WELL DONE on your training and weight loss! I am still 3kg heaver, about 6 pounds, than before I had Callum but I think I am smaller. In a way I wish I was still nursing but he didn't want it any more. He doesn't want spoon fed either, has to do it all himself, independent wee blighter!

    ReplyDelete